The practice provides a comprehensive service including the following:
- General Primary Medical Services
- Child Health Surveillance
- Contraceptive Services incl. coils and implants
- Minor Surgery Services
- Immunisation service (including influenza and pneumococcal)
- Palliative Care Enhanced Service
- Extended Hours Services
- Clinics for Chronic Disease Management (including respiratory and diabetic clinics)
- Travel Clinics
- Near Patient Testing
- Telephone Triage Service
- Cervical Cytology
- Occupational and Employment Medicals
- Insurance Reports
The practice runs a recall system to monitor patients with chronic disease or who are on certain types of medication. When you register with the practice, if you fall into this category you will automatically be sent a letter once a year inviting you for review with either a practice nurse, phlebotomist or doctor.
Please keep this appointment as an annual review is a very good way of ensuring your continuing good health and gives you a chance to discuss any health concerns you may have with the doctor or nurse at the time.
The appointment will vary from 10 minutes to 40 minutes depending on the type of monitoring being done and can include a blood pressure check, weight check, and smoking advice (if applicable). It may also include a blood test and you could be asked to bring a urine sample.
The practice runs an all-day annual flu clinic where, if eligible, you can receive your annual influenza vaccination and if appropriate the pneumococcal vaccination. Find our more about this vaccination on our Influenza page.
Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Passport signing
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.